As a leading ICT Player in the telecommunication era, Telecom Namibia as an Equal Opportunity Employer, takes pride, passion and commitment in developing cutting edge technologies underpinned by a high performance telecommunication service provider of world class standards. Our commitment is to pay high premium, nurture and grow Human Capital Assets ready to meet the wants and needs of our customers.
If you are interested in a challenging career and share our vision of adding value to our company’s excellence in service delivery to our clients, an exciting opportunity exists for the filling of the following position in Windhoek.
POSITION: 1ST Level Support NOC Technician X 4
REPORTING TO: SHIFT SUPERVISOR
DIVISION: NOC -TECHNICAL OPERATIONS AND PROJECTS (TO&P
CLOSING DATE: 30 July 2020
The position is responsible for monitoring and communicating the necessary ticket-information during the lifecycle. Furthermore the 1st Level Support NOC Technician is responsible for monitoring service, system and network performance to identify, create, track and close events, incidents and problems tickets. Additional tasks include create, monitor, track and manage tickets as well as escalation management and the monitoring of performance of corporate and wholesale customer services.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS WOULD INCLUDE:
- Monitor service, system and network performance to identify events, incidents and problems
- Record event, incident, problem information in the trouble ticket system
- Create, track, monitor, communicate, coordinate and close event, incidents and problem tickets
- Create, track, monitor, communicate, broadcast, coordinate and close change request and access management tickets
- Monitor and manage SLA services and manage escalated tickets as per defined rules
- Coordinate changes, events, incidents and problem tickets with third party NOCs, CCC, corporate and wholesale.
- Coordinate and communicate work orders with Field Service
- Communicate the handling of events, incidents and problems with the customer
- Validation, categorization and correlation of events and incidents
- Handover of tickets to the following shift and ensure that all required information from previous shift is captured
- Adherence to all relevant company policies