Selected for you!
As a leading ICT player, Telecom Namibia, an Equal Opportunity Employer, takes pride, passion & commitment in developing cutting edge technologies that underpin a high-performance ICT service provider of world-class standards. Our commitment is to pay premium remuneration, nurture & grow Human Capital Assets to meet the needs of our customers.
If you are interested in a challenging career and share our vision of adding value to our company’s excellence in service delivery to our clients, an exciting opportunity exists for the filling of the following positions in Windhoek.
POSITION: INTERNAL AUDITOR X 2
JOB GRADE: C5
DIVISION: INTERNAL AUDIT
REPORTING TO: MANAGER: INTERNAL AUDIT
CLOSING DATE: 20 NOVEMBER 2019
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to evaluate and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of risk management, financial, operational controls and governance processes, that regulations and internal policies are followed, that satisfactory standards are met, assets are safeguarded and that the company’s objectives are effectively achieved by using a systematic and disciplined approach and efficient use of resources..
MORE SPECIFIC KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS WOULD INCLUDE:
- Performing audits of assigned functions including financial, operational, adhoc, investigations, etc.
- Developing the planning memo and audit program for each audit project and completing fieldwork;
- Preparing the draft audit report reflecting detailed findings and recommendations thereof;
- Making oral presentations of audit findings to the auditee management;
- Preparing the final audit report reflecting an overview of the function reviewed, conclusion regarding the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, detailed findings where opportunities for enhancing internal controls and/or operational efficiencies are included;
- Performing follow-ups to validate resolution of the issues;
- Identifying opportunities to improve operating performance and recommends solutions to problems where appropriate;
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ideally a 3-year relevant qualification from an accredited tertiary institution with at least three (3) years internal audit experience. The candidate with experience and qualifications in IT Audit and have done Articles within Audit will be an advantage.
The incumbent should have the following personality skills: Planning, accuracy time management, Strong communicative ability, Linguistic ability, Good interpersonal relations, Organisational skills, Ability to work under stressful conditions and willingness to work outside headquarters and irregular hours.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS
Applicants requiring further information about this job should direct their inquiries to the following person:
- Ms. Alisa Hangula, Manager: Internal Audit at telephone no.:061-2012578 or Cellphone number no.: 0851 224 206.
A comprehensive application supported by a detailed CV with copies of educational qualifications should be addressed in confidence to: Ms Wilika N. Frai, The Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources and Strategic Training, P.O. Box 297, Windhoek.
Suitably qualified applicants from the designated groups defined in the Affirmative Action Act (1998) are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated with and no personal documents will be returned.