9. General Powers, Duties & Operations of the Sponsorship Committee
1. The Sponsorship Committee is the delegated authority, subject to the conditions of this Policy and provision in the current Company budget to approve donations and sponsorships to individuals and organisations.
2. The members of the Sponsorship Committee shall be appointed from amongst the senior managers of the Company and shall consist of not less than four members.
- Human Resources
- Corporate Communications & Public Relations
3. The Senior Manager: Corporate Communications & Public Relations will act as Chair of the Sponsorship Committee, unless otherwise delegated.
4. The External Communications Practitioner, or any person so nominated by a member of the Sponsorship Committee, shall act as secretary or take minutes of Sponsorship Committee meetings.
5. The secretary shall minute the decisions of all meetings of the Sponsorship Committee, including recording the names of those present and in attendance. Minutes of Sponsorship Committee meetings shall be circulated promptly to all members of the Sponsorship Committee and, once agreed, to Executive Committee.
6. The quorum necessary for the transaction of business shall be three members. A duly convened meeting of the Sponsorship Committee at which a quorum is present shall be competent to exercise all or any of the authorities, powers and discretion vested in or exercisable by the Sponsorship Committee.
7. The Sponsorship Committee shall normally meet during the last week of the each month.
8. Ad-hoc meetings of the Sponsorship Committee shall be summoned by the secretary of the Sponsorship Committee, as necessary.
9. Notice of each meeting confirming the venue, time and date together with an agenda of items to be discussed and supporting papers shall be forwarded as necessary to each member of the Sponsorship Committee, or any other person required to attend.
- << Prev