Selected for you!
As a commercialised company, TELECOM NAMIBIA takes pride in its excellent standard of service and expertise and the ability to keep abreast of current trends. TELECOM NAMIBIA IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and places a high premium on employing suitable candidates who share this philosophy and who could make meaningful contributions to the overall success of the company.
If you are interested in a challenging career and share our vision of adding value to our company’s excellence in service delivery to our clients, an exciting opportunity exists for the filling of the following position in Windhoek.
POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS PRACTITIONER: EXTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
REPORTING TO: THE HEAD: CORPORATE COMMUNICATION & PR
DIVISION: CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
DUTY STATION: WINDHOEK
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To create and manage the official external communication channels between Telecom Namibia and the external stakeholders (media, the community, customers, special interest groups, etc.), so that a credible picture of the company is presented to the outside world. This involves the development and execution of a comprehensive external communication strategy that supports business goals, including the development of messaging and positioning on Telecom Namibia’s business and on key and emerging issues, to communicate to external audiences.
MORE SPECIFIC KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS WOULD INCLUDE:
- Collaborates with social media practitioner to ensure unified messaging across all channels.
- Demonstrates ability to present complex business ideas, strategies, and results succinctly and persuasively.
- Contributes to the development and fostering of relationship with key media to increase positive media coverage.
- Identifies, flags, and prioritizes issues that have reputational implications (positive and negative).
- Identifies and builds network and relationships with key influencers on strategic issues.
- Uses surveys, media and other techniques to develop a holistic view of how stakeholders feel about company-related issues.
- Provide tactical corporate communication and public relations management support at corporate and business unit levels.
- Assess corporate, business unit and staff department’s external communications/public relations need and prepare necessary public relations/communications plans
in support of key initiatives and/or projects.
- Development of public relations/communications materials, including: news releases, response statements, position statements, Q&As, speeches, talking points, etc.
- Manage media relations activities in collaboration with the Head: Corporate Communications & Public Relations. This includes the development of a media database
and strong working relationships with media houses.
- Develop appropriate media relations plans and proactively seek out media placement opportunities designed to highlight Telecom Namibia’s achievements and
successes to key audiences.
- Ensure necessary external communications policies, procedures and protocols are in place to effectively manage this element of the Company’s business.
- Monitor media coverage of Telecom Namibia and key industry issues/activities.
- Serve as early warning system, identifying emerging issues that could positively or negatively impact Telecom Namibia’s image, reputation or ability to achieve
- Formulate and manage effective community relations programme, including the identification of sponsorship opportunities.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
The incumbent should typically hold a Diploma in the field of communication or journalism, with a minimum 5 years working experience in communication, journalism, or Public Relations.
KEY KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Superior written and verbal communication skills. Brand and reputation management. Drafting and implementing the Stakeholder Engagement plan. Managing Corporate Social Responsibility activities. Crisis management and media monitoring and analysis. Event planning and management. Photography skills. Proven ability to plan, develop and implement PR programmes and communications projects where analysis, forecasting and problem solving are critical. Media relations skills and experience are a key competency of this position. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong and demonstrated creativity and the ability to create ‘stories,’ discover and exploit communications opportunities, and problem solving. Demonstrated skill with attention to detail, proof reading, editing, copywriting, and problem solving. Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, including project timeline and time management skills. An excellent understanding of print, web, social media, and multi-media communications as well as some event planning. Familiarity with Adobe In-Design and Photoshop; demonstrated excellence with Microsoft Office suite of tools is a requirement.
Strong ability of expression and communication. Good interpersonal skills, credible, convincing and relaxed when addressing large audiences. Meticulous organiser. Individual will need to be able to work independently and proactively and be able to work effectively in a team environment. The individual should be creative and a self-starter.
NOTES TO APPLICANTS
Applicants requiring further information about these jobs should direct their inquiries to the following persons:
A comprehensive application supported by a detailed CV with copies of educational qualifications should be addressed in confidence to: The Human Resources Business Partner, Ms. Wilika N. Frai, PO Box 297, Windhoek. Applicants requiring further information about this job should direct their inquiries to Ms. Nomvula Kambinda, The Head: Corporate Communication and PR. Tel 061-2012448. Applications may also be hand delivered to the Human Resources Department at M-Floor.
Suitably qualified applicants from the designated groups defined in the Affirmative Action Act (1998) are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be communicated with and no personal documents will be returned.
CLOSING DATE: 26th JUNE 2019