- Telecom Namibia brings connectivity to remote areas
- Telecom Namibia to suspend overdue accounts on 19 July 2020
- Telecom Namibia sponsors COVID-19 WhatsApp number for the hearing impaired
- TN clarification on 5G roll out and perceived technology impact on Covid-19
- TELECOM NAMIBIA PART OF THE ROUND SQUARE CONFERENCE
- TN celebrates 30 years of Independence with Affordable Unlimited High-Speed Broadband Internet
- PUBLIC NOTICE: Submarine cable connection interrupted.
By Oiva Angula
9 March 2015
Telecom Namibia to host first WACS upgrade meeting
The West Africa Cable System (WACS) Consortium is meeting in Windhoek to discuss the upgrade of the system’s capacity in view of the enormous bandwidth update since commissioning in May 2013.
CDMA Switch and 3G-EvDO services stopped
Telecom Namibia will discontinue both the Switch voice and 3G-EvDO data services on its legacy CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access) network. All CDMA sites will be shut down on 31 March 2015 as most customers havebe transitioned off CDMA and onto the TN Mobile’s faster HSPA+/4G LTE networks.The entire CDMA footprint is already covered with GSM which we began building in 2013.