- Telecom Namibia opens first flagship store in Windhoek
- All set for 18th Economist Northern Businesswoman Conference in Ongwediva
- Telecom Namibia launches innovative services for rural Opuwo
- Telecom Namibia to upgrade Speedlink broadband packages for free again
- Telecom Namibia develops future leaders
Selected For Your
By Oiva Angula
14 August 2015
The construction of a national ICT broadband backbone was a bold step by Telecom Namibia to connect all regions, districts and towns to access the 12,000 km long national broadband infrastructure as well as the sea cable landing on the shores of Swakopmund, known as the West Africa Cable System (WACS).
An advert is viral on social media platforms alleging that Telecom Namibia is sponsoring a local concert featuring Nicki Myna, the Trinidadian-born American rapper, singer, songwriter and actress.
Telecom Namibia wants to categorically deny any knowledge of such sponsorship. The company has neither invited nor sponsored a Nicki Minaj Anaconda Hip Hop Rap Soul Concert in Windhoek as part of Namibia’s 25th Independence celebrations.
Members of the public are, thus, strongly advised not to fall prey to these types of misleading, deceptive advertisements and are forewarned against buying tickets to the event.
The public is also encouraged to report such uncalled for postings aimed at tarnishing the Telecom Namibia brand directly to us or the Police for investigation and possible legal action.
Senior Manager: Corporate Communications & Public Relations